月曜日, 7月 03, 2006

Happy 4th of July

Patriotic Feces? Old Navy's New Product Line Is Genius!

Black lady with five kids: You can't get anything here. We gots to get to Old Navy to buy us all our Fourth of July t-shirts so we match at the picnic.
Black guy: They have the best deal. Shirts are five dollars each, that's like [counts kids, self, and wife] less than twenty bucks for all of us, and even the baby shit has a flag on it.

--Target, Atlantic Terminal, Brooklyn

Overheard by: lora


via Overheard in New York, Jun 30, 2006

God I miss America.
So sad I'm going to miss Sarah and Cory's 4th of July dinner too. Argh! Can I leave now?



In other news:
7-11 has stopped selling the Tropicana Lemonade that I've grown to love in the last month. I hate how everything is "seasonal" around here. Man!

And I officially have a big bouncy real live BED to sleep in in Portland. Big enough to fit a boy in, too! Woooo!

And Happy 1st Birthday to my blog. Wonder how long it will last past my departure from Japan? Probably not long.

3 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

On this day of American celebration I think it only appropriate to celebrate, and more importantly drink in honor of the fact that you, Melissa Curran will be ON AMERICAN SOIL IN LESS THAN A MONTH!!!!! Forget American independence we all need to drink and celebrate AN AMERICAN HOMECOMING!!!! So I ask everyone to raise a glass to America AND Melissa Curran today, July 4th 2006!!!

12:24 午後, 7月 04, 2006  
Blogger Steve Bonus said...

Oh man, you're gonna miss these world-famous cheeseburgers...

1:33 午後, 7月 04, 2006  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

How many shirts did we count? 90? I didn't see as many this year. But I looked for them, I honestly did! I love your pics, and you look mighty skinny! I can't wait 'til you are back in the States!! And I am with Katie on this fantastic and incredibly appropriate toast -- here's to America and Missy's return home!

3:43 午後, 7月 05, 2006  

コメントを投稿

<< Home