日曜日, 1月 29, 2006

Weekend wrap-up

It's Sunday. I'm tired and a bit hungover. My throat hurts. Here's a rundown of all the weirdness I got up to this weekend:

-On Saturday afternoon, I hurt my back doing laundry, uh, I mean snowboarding... Who does that? How old am I? Ugh! So I rested all day and wore heels at night cause I found they forced me to stand up straight where flats allowed me to stand like Quasi Moto. Not cool. Boozing help alleviate the pain and surprisingly today I am relatively pain free.
-I saw the Niigata Charity Musical which was defnitely cute. Major props to the people who give up so much free time for it.
-Went out on Saturday night for the play afterparty
-Talked to loads of people I haven't seen in ages, including Kat and Kate

And Grace

And Nuria

-Got drunk for charitable purposes
-Saw the biggest collection of weirdos EVER at the second bar we went to. Including 5 people over 7 feet tall wearing t-shirts the size of my bed sheets, Japanese gangsters, Jgirls dressed like early 90's hookers (no lie, I saw clear heels and lace up capri pants -- I almost cried about 5 separate times), a random rap group, a "shake what your mama gave you" competition where jgirls with no rhythm or asses tried to shake things. I still shudder at the memory.
-Saw Hiroshi. Things did not go as planned. I'll spare you the details. It was pretty lame but I'm chalking it up to cultural misunderstanding and moving on with my life...
And counting down the days till I move to Portland and find a cute West Coast Liberal boy.
And the No More Dating Bartenders Rule is officially in effect (again).
And because "I mean business", this is me deleting Hiroshi from my phone:

-Because of the failed plan, I had a slightly hilarious (or not so much) bitch session where Kristi acted as my therapist (ちょーごめん!) and an innocent shrub might or might not have been abused.

It was, um, interesting...

6 Comments:

Blogger kittykat said...

oh my god that picture below (the dropkick) is AWESOME!!!!! best picture ever.

also, who is this fella? i want details. sounds interesting!

hope your head didnt hurt too bad on sunday.

that picture of me is gross.

ugh, my hair, my hair. i need to dye it.xxxx

9:02 午後, 1月 29, 2006  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

yo M!

I'm stealing that pic of us!
am linking ur blog
sorry to hear about the dude...stupid, stupid boys. good for you on deleting, you gotta move out the old to make room for the new!
talk soon, see u at kate nuria's birthday party ne?

10:28 午後, 1月 29, 2006  
Blogger melissa said...

Ooh, look new comment people. I'm so excited!

Kat, you do not look bad in the picture. I seem to recall we had already deleted one due to my excessive number of chins.
The boy is just another unspecial guy you find yourself dating cause we're in Japan and have no other options, you know? It's weird.
Hope you guys were ok on Sunday, that must have been intense.

Grace, glad we got to catch up on Saturday. Kate and Nuria's party will surely be a crazy one!

11:24 午後, 1月 29, 2006  
Blogger Kristi said...

LOL, the shrub was definitely abused - no doubt about it. ;) But like I said, no apology necessary. Anytime.

3:15 午前, 1月 30, 2006  
Blogger kittykat said...

yay, new commenters!

woop!

sunday rocked, considering, we did a good job.

keep the updates coming, i like your blog. you write like you talk, and that, i promise, is a good thing. i can SO hear your voice in my head.

grace....aloha to you too. cant believe youre not recontracting, youre one fine wolf.

love it.

raise it

4:38 午後, 1月 30, 2006  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

melissa, I gotta hear this shrub story sounds innnnteresting ;), perhaps at nu and kate's party which is gonna be off the hook, passing out kareoke plans already in motion.

and yup ur blog is wicked funny, luv it, keep it up!

Kittykat...you write like you talk too! I so can hear ur voice in my head...ok that just sounds crazy.

You fine wolf, u and M both need to update more often I have no more classes today and am bored out of my mind!!

p.s. comment on my blog!!

5:07 午後, 2月 01, 2006  

コメントを投稿

<< Home