木曜日, 1月 12, 2006

A Canandaigua Christmas

Well, I was in the 'daigua for so long that I can't be arsed to detail all of it. And those of you who know anything about the 'daigua (75% of my 4 readers) know what it entailed. So I'll post highlights and lowlights and some pictures to whet your appetites.

HIGHLIGHTS:
-Seeing my beautiful mom and sister
-Seeing my fabulous friends
-Sleeping my bed which I liken to sleeping on marshmallows
-Baking cupcakes with Heather (we totally wussed out on the flavor bombs this year)
-Watching hours upon hours of celebrity gossip, Law & Order, and Ellen on TV
-Buying magazines, books, and ok... Speaking English!
-Shopping - Eastview Mall is the bane of my credit card's existence
-Shoe-shopping
-Exchanging presents
-Central heat
-$1 pints
-Jagerbombs at Jose & Willy's
-Chicken wings and pitchers of Labatt's at Wally's
-Food, food and more food

LOWLIGHTS:
-How long it took me to kick my jet lag -- it was ROUGH!
-No snow in the 'daigua - that's crap for this time of year
-The tiny plane I had to take between Toronto and Rochester

-Mini blips of drama here and there
-That mining accident in W.Va
-Driving on the right-side of the road again

And now for a few pictures, in no particular order (I'm putting the rest on my fotopage for those of you who want to steal them), Enjoy:
Kevin at the Pickering

Oh, god I love those shoes

The gals after the Xmas gift exchange. It was a good one, thanks girls!

This is the radio Katie uses in her car. So hot.

Our Christmas Tree. My sis did a fabulous job on it.

The Assholes at Wallys. Allison and I totally match. Sweeet.

My lil sis and I

People watching at the mall

Jessi, Dave, Michelle after CA Reunion '05 at O'Brien's

A Journey rock-out session in the car

At Jose & Willy's. Oh, yes.


All in all, it was a good vacation. I feel pretty good about the next 7 months in Japan. I have lots to look forward to in '06 (two-thousand-scandalous, if you will) including a winter of snowboarding, a trip to China (Beijing, Xian and Shanghai) in March, Golden Week in Thailand (gonna check out the tsunami side this time), summer - and all the parties it brings, and moving to Portland in August with SJ. It's gonna be a good one!

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Hey there Miss thang!!!...I had a great time while you were here!!!! MISS YOU!!!

6:57 午前, 1月 17, 2006  
Anonymous 匿名 said...

Wait, so your sister is Ashley Simpson? Looove the picture and I wish I could have seen you mami!!I can't wait to visit you in Portland!

7:47 午前, 1月 26, 2006  

コメントを投稿

<< Home