月曜日, 7月 25, 2005

Weekend Wrap-Up

Right, so this weekend was interesting. Friday night, I headed out for a Nomikai with the Board of Education folks. Went to some restaurant in Maki where we were put into an enkai room with it's own beer tap and, strangely enough, blue leather arm chairs to sit in. No floor sitting at this place apparently. The food was ok, but man, it was a seafood extravaganza. I tried the sea snails and the fresh clams, but just was not down for seconds, which put everyone into a frenzy. Why my eating habits are so interesting to the Japanese, I just won't ever understand. Anyway, so, I wasn't up for the nijikai/karaoke, so I walked home and hit the hay pretty early.

Saturday I woke up in a bit of a funk, since Kristen left that day, and that night was to be the big Sayonara Enkai for Team Sanjo. I spent the morning on the phone with my mom and Michelle, then went back into bed to feel sorry for myself. Eventually I realized this was stupid and decided to hit the beach. Sun, sand and swimming usually make a girl feel better. And it did, the weather was incredible and the water was great.

So feeling refreshed, but still with a sense of dread, we headed into Sanjo for the party. The dinner (and the all-you-can-drink) was good and karaoke was even better. The post-boozing ramen turned into a tear factory for me though. Luckily Emily came up with a great lie that I was crying because I didn't like the ramen. I think they bought it... riiiiight.


This is the last picture of Team Sanjo together!

So yeah, everyone's packing up, and so am I since I'm off to the airport in less than 48 hours. Can't wait to go home and refresh for another year in Nihon. This place has been driving me mad lately!