木曜日, 5月 18, 2006

Busy busy! / Omigod, my time in Japan is winding down fast!

Today marks the 75 day mark in my countdown to Portland. Holy Crap!

And looking at my schedule this week, I realized that I am booked for all but about 4 weekends until August... here's a preview

- This weekend, May 20-21st, I'm off on a roadtrip to Kanazawa with Grace and Johanna. We've booked our ryokan and today I called Myouryuji (a Ninja temple built as a secret hideout) to reserve a tour (all in Japanese, thank you very much).
- Next weekend - still free
- June 3rd - I have nursery school (second to last time!) in the morning; the Shirone Kite Battle in the afternoon and I'm organizing a trip to the Echigo Brewery in Maki for the evening.
- June 10th - Maki Summer Festival weekend.
- June 17th - Niigata Women's College English Day. 10,000yen for speaking English for 5 hours. Not bad.
- June 24th - Free! So far...
- July 1st-2nd - Train journey down to Takaoka to see their Daibutsu and Kurobe Dam and the Alpine Route into Nagano with Kristi and Nuria.
- July 8th and 15th - Free... the weekend of the 15th is a 3-day weekend though - need to plan
- July 22nd - Farewell party at my students' mom's ECC class by day; Nao's wedding party by night ちょー楽しみ!
- July 29th - Last visit to Nursery School (I know just the one I'm gonna kidnap), and serious last minute packing.

Oh my god! I really want to make it down to Kyoto and Hiroshima before I go, but I fear I'm not going to have time. Guess that means I'll have to come back to Japan at some point (Sarah, Cory, wanna come??).

Oh man, freaking out!

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron said...

this is absolutely ridiculous! obviously i am in the same boat... might join you and kristi if we can push the toyamaken thing to the second weekend in july. p.s. really excited for dins next week!

7:34 午前, 5月 18, 2006  
Blogger kittykat said...

oh my god...

ok, june 24th,

IM FREE

youre free

lets DO SOMETHING!!!!

xxhope this makes sense, im fucked

8:27 午前, 5月 19, 2006  
Blogger Steve Bonus said...

Ummm, I could swing Japan sometime this fall. And if I quit my job, I could probably do it whenever.

9:19 午後, 5月 20, 2006  
Blogger melissa said...

Kat,
Yes, June 24th sounds like the perfect day to (finally) get together!

5:02 午後, 5月 21, 2006  

コメントを投稿

<< Home