火曜日, 4月 25, 2006

Um

Sorry, the blog has been rather defunct lately. I've been a bit distracted with various annoying things and I haven't had much to say. I'm hoping this trip to Thailand (two days!) will help pull me out of this mini-funk so I can enjoy my last three months in Japan more. But, uh, who knows.

Anyway, the weekend was pretty good. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous so after I made a round of phone calls to people at home, I booted up and climbed Mt Kakuda. It was awesome. The weather was perfect and all my gym-action has definitely paid off cause I felt so much better on that climb than I did last year at this time. After the climb, I went to the shiny new Marui (supermarket) where I got a free beer (only in Japan), sushi, a salad and a mixed fruit platter. When I got home, I cut up the gouda and red cheddar cheese I had and ate that with my health-conscious dinner. Delish.

Later, Kayvohn and I got on the train to Niigata where we met up with Kristi, Kate and Errol for a party at some small foriegner-friendly bar called Hallelujah. It was a pretty cool scene - (kind of) interesting music and new people. The highlight for me was when I spotted a cute guy, who I later found out had just graduated from high school. Uhhhhh, you can be sure I spent the rest of the night avoiding this dude and feeling like a dirty uncle.


Sunday was another nice day, so I biked over to Nishikawa and read a book and ate snacks in the park. Later I met up with Phil and Kayvohn. Phil was in rather rough shape from an unfortunate drunken fall on Friday night; it was actually pretty serious and he told me he has to cancel the Thailand trip. Bummer. Ah well, at least he's ok.

Kayvohn and I ate dinner at Daimaru, our most favorite restaurant in all of Niigata (the world, even?) and Naomi, our friend whose family owns the place, told us that she'd teach us how to cook so we can impress our friends at home. So maybe I can whip up something amazing when I get to Portland... maybe?

Speaking of Portland, I'm just gonna say that I can't fucking wait. Seriously. I'll be sad to leave Japan, but it is so time to move on. 97 days dudes!

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Bonus said...

Jeez, less than one hundred days...are you ready for this place?

10:25 午後, 4月 25, 2006  
Blogger melissa said...

baby, the question is... is that place ready for me?!

6:06 午前, 4月 26, 2006  

コメントを投稿

<< Home