月曜日, 12月 05, 2005

Tunnel Vision!

I can't stop thinking about snowboarding!!!
Yesterday's snow has melted. ざんねん! But I can see the mountains from my desk at school and they are so pretty and white. Aaron & I are gonna wax our boards on Wednesday and maybe I'll be able to make it out before Xmas break (15 days by the way!).
はやくスノボ行きたいね。



On Sunday I was feeling adventurous so I wandered into the small board shop in Maki to see a.) if I could find anything to spend my money on, b.) which ski-jos come recommended by the serious boarders out here and c.) if there were any cute guys to practice my Japanese with. Like I expected, it took only a few minutes before one of the workers got up the nerve to approach me and ask if I could speak Japanese. I replied with the usual "sukoshi dake" (just a little) and we started chatting. I asked the guy which resorts he liked best and I told him where I went last year. I also asked about Joetsu Kokusai where we were going to get season passes and he told me it sucked for boarders, so good thing we didn't get passes there! Then, he gave me this huge coupon book for at least 1000yen off all the major resorts in Niigata and Nagano and pointed out which ones he likes best. It was awesome!

It pays to be adventurous with your Japanese!

4 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

Alright, congrats on the adventurous Japanese (I'm actually super impressed) but YIKES on the tendancies you are showing towards being like a certain ANNOYING Nagano ALT. Not that I think you're annoying, but just remember to sleep in on ski days, show up to the mountain around noon, and leave the mountain hammered in the evening. This will sufficiently convince me you are not turning into a certain someone :) Oh, and don't wear any makeup on the mountain EVER. That is all.

6:31 午前, 12月 06, 2005  
Blogger Steve Bonus said...

Mt. Hood opened in October - next year at this time, you'll have been snowboarding for like two months! God, I hate being unemployed...

8:24 午後, 12月 06, 2005  
Blogger melissa said...

Kristen - thank you for your concern and your tips. I'll keep them in mind, but you have to realize that I currently have like 2 friends and negative boyfriends and nothing else to be excited about till China in March.

Cory - You better be planning on hitting the slopes with me next year. I'll most likely be unemployed at this time next year so that's all I'll be doing.

11:27 午後, 12月 06, 2005  
Blogger Steve Bonus said...

Don't you worry, by that time, I'll have some awesome gig that pays a million a year and we can all take the month of november off to ski...

11:56 午前, 12月 08, 2005  

コメントを投稿

<< Home