水曜日, 10月 26, 2005

Yay for shogakko!

Shogakko (Elementary school) visits are always the bright spot of my week. Where sometimes I feel like a total waste of space (and Japanese tax payers' money) at Chugakko (JHS) - the teachers are always nice at Shogakko and the students absolutely eat up everything I say.

Today I went to Matsunoo and Echizen Shogakkos. They are tiiiiny schools up in the mountain. The entire 2nd grade class at Echizen has, no lie, 6 kids. 4 boys and 2 girls. It's kinda crazy. I only visit these schools like 5 times a year, so when I do go, the kids are so happy and it's a blast. Here's a photo montage of today's visits:

The 4th grade boys at Echizen. All of them. Today, they gave me a potato that they grew in the school garden.

Playing "Color Basket" with 1st and 2nd graders at Matsunoo. That explains the red paper on my belly.

1st grade girls at Matsunoo. The lighting in this picture makes it look like I actually know how to take pictures. Hotness.

3rd grade boys at Matsunoo. The one on the left is wearing a shirt that says "Champion Products - Rochester NY" Funnily enough EVERY Japanese kid has this shirt. Beats the hell out of me - but I will get a good photo of it someday!

2 Comments:

Anonymous 匿名 said...

That picture in the gym makes me shudder. Was it negative 354860 degrees in there? At least the kids werent wearing shorts...

6:10 午前, 10月 26, 2005  
Blogger melissa said...

No, man, it's only October. It's not till like December that it start getting realllllly bad. I can see how your memory might be jaded though - it was probably the most X-treme winter of our lives.

November 1st is the day I'm getting out the kerosene. Yes, I am now Japanese in that I set dates for major seasonal activities.

3:55 午後, 10月 26, 2005  

コメントを投稿

<< Home